JAM is your one-stop shop for all things PLAY! Whether you're looking to find Sports Leagues across North America, or book a hilarious virtual event for your team, JAM has it all! We are looking for a new teammate to join us on our mission to get 1 million people playing.
Candidates must be a great fit with the JAM Core Values:
- Chase the Vision
- Deliver What You Promise
- Take Pride in What You Do
- Get Shit Done
- Treat Everyone Like Your Best Friend
- Find a Better Way
The Business Development Coordinator is an essential part of the JAM team, charged with growing the business through tournaments and other consumer event experiences. This role is a great fit for an all-star team player who likes to take initiative, enjoys the chase and challenge of smashing revenue goals, and can thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Specifically, this role is responsible for meeting and exceeding revenue growth targets by:
- Developing a relevant and appealing annual tournament schedule designed to deliver growth. You will be working closely with the sports operations teams to determine sports, venues, and timing.
- Working with the marketing team to promote and sell out tournaments.
- Working with the people & culture team to ensure events are appropriately staffed and that staff have the training they need to deliver an A+ experience.
- Developing plans and business cases for new experiences. Work with head of production and cross-functional teammates to identify highest potential opportunities. Promote, sell, game on!
- Supporting on site activation at tournaments and in-person events as required.
- Working with head of partnerships to secure event sponsors
- Rolling up your sleeves to put great ideas into action as needed.
- This is a full-time position, 40 hours / week.
- The majority of your time will be spent working 9 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday.
- For the first 6 months, and from time-to-time after that, some hours will be shifted to evenings and/or weekends to accommodate onsite training and tournament oversite. Your manager will work with you to set this schedule.
- There will be some travel required to areas we operate in outside of Toronto.
- JAM operates a hybrid work environment. Some days are remote, some are in-person – either at the office or at tournaments. You should expect to be in-person 2 days/week.
- $48,000 - $52,000 CAD annual salary plus bonus potential for achievement of growth targets.
- 10 Vacation Days and 10 Personal Days to start
- Eligible for full benefits after 3 months
- RRSP matching program
- Friday afternoon “Go Play Days” during the summer months.
- Complimentary league play (we practice what we preach).
Application Deadline is Tuesday, November 7th at 10:00am EDT.
JAM Is For Everyone.
We at JAM are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and are pleased to be an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be given equal consideration regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity/expression/orientation, age or disability. Our devotion to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable environment is reflected in our work culture as well as the services we offer.
The ideal candidate will bring a blend of experience that enables them to get in the game quickly and score some early goals!
Someone with 1-3 years of experience in business development, event activation/operations and/or experiential marketing experience.
Details, Details, Details
Planful, organized and very detail oriented.
Taking care of the little details first makes putting on a big show easy!
Hardworking, with a positive, optimistic attitude. You are known for taking initiative.
You are here to make an impact and can effectively prioritize your work in pursuit of the big goals.
Think Outside the Box Mentality
We are not looking for mediocre and old-school here. We want someone who has fresh ideas, can work on their own without being micromanaged, and is good at developing and maintaining great relationships with teammates, players, and partners.
Well Spoken & Written
You are the face of tournaments and will need to be personable, outgoing, and ready to engage with players, partners, and colleagues.
You will need to be able to clearly articulate and communicate, written and verbal, on a day-to-day basis. This could mean collaborating, influencing, updating, clarifying and instructing. You understand the differences and are equally effective with all.
Quick On Your Feet
Confidence in your ability to take control of a situation with a flair for being resourceful.
Strengths in planning, decision making, and creative problem solving.
Driver's License & Valid Passport
You’ll need a valid G driver’s license as this role requires you to be out at events, sometimes transporting equipment. Don’t worry if you don’t have a car. We have a fun, branded vehicle you can use.
You’ll likely be visiting beautiful Grand Rapids, MI within your first few months on the job so you’ll need to be able to cross the border.