WHO WE ARE
Gwillimdale Farms is family owned/operated, based just 10 minutes from downtown Bradford. We here at Gwillimdale Farms do more than just grow vegetables, we are growing our business. We supply our produce both locally and abroad, working in tandem with food manufacturers, retailers, food service providers, and wholesale distributors. We believe our biggest asset is our team. We are always striving to build a better team and better work environment through continuing efforts in the areas of safety, education, and personal development.
We are currently seeking a DZ Driver to support our farm operations team during our harvest season (6 – 8 weeks). DZ Drivers are vital for our harvesting function on the farm, any other machine experience is a great asset. Strong consideration will be given to hard-working individuals with previous farm experience.
Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter and team player with exceptional attention to detail who holds a valid DZ Driver’s License.
This is a short-term role for 6 to 8 weeks to assist during our harvest season. Hours will vary Monday to Saturday, with possible Sunday work depending on the weather. Start time is at 7:00 am. The ability to have a flexible schedule is required. Work environment is outdoors and can include dusty environments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Operate trucks safely and efficiently during harvest period, drive in correlation with harvest machinery.
- Operates vehicle in compliance with municipal driving and regulations as well as with Company policies and procedures.
- The ability to drive tractors and other farm machinery is an asset.
- Conducts thorough vehicle and tractor-trailer inspections for mechanical and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance.
- This role requires flexibility in work and adaptability.
- Other duties may be assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- DZ license required
- Heavy equipment operator license/education/experience is an asset
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending
- Physically demanding
- Sound discrimination
- Ability to work in dusty conditions
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At Gwillimdale Farms we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas growing. We’re an equal employment opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by provincial law.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If accommodation is needed in the application process, please contact us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility.