Summer Counsellor/Support Worker (Hope Acres)
- Co-facilitate process group, relapse prevention, life skills and aftercare
- Complete reports and statistics
- Assist with a small caseload (3-4) of clients monitored by Counsellor and Manager
- Assist with communication network (supporting clients)
- Assist in teaching classes
- Development of client centered recovery goals/ Assessment & Networking / Crisis -Conflict intervention - Record Keeping/ Discharge Planning /Aftercare follow-up / Team consultation & Decision making/ Dealing with correspondence ( email - letters - mailings) / Data entry / filing/ photocopying and other administrative duties
This is a Canada Summer Government Grant program: To be eligible, youth must:
• be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and,
• is legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
Post-Secondary student in social services field preferred
Experience with homelessness/addictions/concurrent disorders/mental health
*Must have own vehicle or access to transportation - no public transportation
No Phone calls
In support of our commitment to a healthy and safe workplace and community, The Salvation Army (TSA) has a vaccination requirement for all new employees within the Province of Ontario, Social Services sector. The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on the condition of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be required to provide proof of full vaccination, prior to their employment start date. The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to provincial human rights legislation. If the candidate is unable to vaccinate for a reason protected by the Human Rights Code, a request for accommodation can be submitted and written proof satisfactory to TSA will be required.
The Salvation Army offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you are contacted to participate in an interview or screening process, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.