Reporting to the Roads Supervisor, this position will be primarily responsible for patrolling and plowing the Township’s roads system throughout the winter season on a 40-hour per week basis (November, 2023 to April, 2024). Candidates must be able to respond to winter weather-related call-ins within a 30-minute time frame. Must be available for fill-in requirements as weather and circumstances dictate. The incumbent will be required to patrol Township roads, operate a sidewalk blower, front end loader or heavy plow/sander when required.
The preferred candidate will have:
- A valid Ontario Class D or higher driver’s license with Z air brake endorsement in good
- 1 to 4 years’ experience operating combination snowplow/sanders on a public highway
- Experience operating front-end loaders, trackless sidewalk plow and other related heavy
- Experience operating a sidewalk blower/plow.
- Experience with other related equipment (i.e., brush chippers, chainsaws, small hand tools, ).
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Highway Traffic Act.
- Strong ability to prioritize and
- Ability to perform labour-intensive tasks including ability to lift 50 lbs (23kg).
The hourly wage range is $22.65 to $26.65 per hour. No benefits will be offered. The incumbent will be required to supply their own safety boots (CSA approved) and winter wear. This is a full-time, contract position involving 40 hours per week which include various shifts (days, evenings, weekends).
To apply for this position, please submit a complete resume indicating education and experience, along with a current driver’s abstract to:
Winter Patroller/Labourer Recruitment
Athena Piskopos, Executive Assistant/HR Coordinator
Township of Essa, 5786 County Road #21, Utopia, Ontario L0M 1T0