The Department of National Defence (DND) is a Canadian government department responsible for defending Canada's interests and values at home and abroad, as well as contributing to international peace and security. DND is the largest department of the Government of Canada in terms of budget as well as staff. The Department of National Defence exists to aide the minister in carrying out his responsibilities, and acts as the civilian support system for the Canadian Forces.
Canadian Forces Base Borden (CFB Borden) is located approximately 100 kilometers north of Toronto, in the heart of Simcoe County, one of the major tourist areas in Ontario. The base is the largest training establishment in the CAF and is home to a variety of other military and Defence Team organizations.
Civilian employees of the Department of National Defence (DND) work some of the most exciting and fulfilling jobs in the Public Service. Whether it’s servicing cutting-edge military equipment, developing strategic defence policies, or gathering top secret defence intelligence, you will find the career that is right for you with DND.
At DND, we foster a work environment where employees have opportunities to grow, learn and progress in their careers and to have job satisfaction in the long term. You’ll enjoy:
- A career among a dynamic and dedicated team
- Opportunities for advancement
- A diverse, respectful and inclusive work environment
- A total benefits package including a competitive salary, health & dental benefits, pension plan and a variety of leave entitlements
- Work life balance! Including opportunities for telework and flexible work arrangements