FOCUS has been offering Employment Supports for those facing disabilities for over 20 years!
This program assists persons with disabilities to find employment, advance to another job, and retain long-term employment.
All our supports are available in English and French.
To qualify for employment supports, you must:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Be an Ontario resident
- Be legally allowed to work in Canada
- Have a substantial physical or mental disability that is expected to last a year or more, and makes it hard for you to find or keep a job
You do not have to be receiving income support to be eligible for employment supports.
How We Can Help
- We can identify barriers of employment
- Discuss benefits of disclosing a disability with employers
- Provide resume building assistance
- Interview preparation
- Job development and job matching
- Job coaching during onboarding period
- Assist with accessing workplace accommodations
- On-going support and retention services
Here at FOCUS, we try our best to help those with financial limitations find the right job by providing:
- Interview clothes
- Footwear (safety boots/non-slip shoes)
- Clothing (scrubs, uniforms, work pants/shirts)
- Special equipment (tools)
- PPE (personal protection equipment)
- Training (SMART Serve certification
- Food Handlers certifications)
- Emergency child care
- Telephone cards
And much more.
For More Information Contact