The Township of Essa is looking for reliable, hardworking, and positive individuals to join the Parks and Recreation Department during the months of July and August (8 weeks) in the role of Recreation Facilities Student (Summer Student). The individual must be reliable, able to stay on task and work well with a team or independently.
- Park clean up, painting, repairing fences, completing odd jobs (raking, shovelling, some heavy lifting)
- Working outdoors
- General duties as assigned
- Facility attendant, cleaning, changing of garbage containers, pick up of litter/refuse
- Maintaining outdoor pads and other facilities
- Grass cutting, weed trimming, leaf blowing
- Valid Class “G” Driver’s License in good standing.
- Experience working outdoors and/or amongst a team.
- Availability to work weekday, afternoon and/or weekend shifts.
- Able to show initiative, demonstrate enthusiasm and work well with others.
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment.
Student Rate of pay in effect - $16.55/hr, 40 hours per week.
Please submit your resume, via email, by 2:00 pm, March 29, 2024 to:
Recreation Facilities Student Recruitment
Attention: Chris Rankin, Manager of Parks & Recreation
Township of Essa, 5786 County Road #21, Utopia, Ontario L0M 1T0
The Township of Essa is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices and we will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require Code-protected accommodation and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants who apply and advise that acknowledgement will only be forwarded to those applicants who are invited for an interview. Personal information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of candidate selection.