Literacy and Essential Skills Upgrading at the Alliston Learning Centre
Literacy and Essential Skills (LES) training is free. It is designed for people who need to improve their reading, writing, math, computer and essential skills for various reasons. The program helps people identify their goals, and decide on a training plan to reach them.
For work, learning and life.
• Do you want your high school diploma, a better job or increased independence?
• Do you struggle with math, understanding what you read, filling in documents, time management, problem solving or computer skills?
• Do you want to upgrade these skills?
We can help!
With the Literacy & Essential Skills Program you can:
Improve your academic skills to get ready for high school credits
Increase your employment opportunities
Achieve greater independence
The Learning Centres Offer:
Welcoming, safe and friendly classrooms
• Individual learning plans
• Self-paced learning
• Laptops with current software
• Transportation assistance to eligible participants
• Daytime classes and elearning/distance learning options
• Part time and full time
• Free skills assessment
Charlotte Parliament will be on site to meet you in person at the following times:
August 31 – 10am – 1pm
September 8 – 1:30pm – 4pm
September 14 – 10am – 1pm
If you are looking for work or looking to hire, FOCUS can help you with your employment-related needs. FOCUS Community Development Corporation provides employment services to residents and businesses of South Simcoe County.